Creating Google Groups
Go to http://www.google.com Sign in (or create an account and sign in). You can create a separate collaboration space and color for each group. Members do not need Google accounts.
To go directly to the Groups page: http://groups.google.com
1. Locate Groups from the more drop down arrow.
2. Click on the Create button: on the top right of the page.
3. Fill out the information boxes:
4. Invite members to the group by providing email addresses. You can also do this after the group is set up.
5. Edit group settings:
You will find the group listed in My Groups on the right side of the page.
6. Click into the group and you will see functions you can perform.
7. To customize color or fonts, click on the Tune your group’s settings link. There is also a link on the right side of the page, called Group Settings.
8. The next page will show a tabbed screen. Click on the Appearance tab.
9. Click on Customize Fonts and Colors:
10. Assign the group a color so you can easily identify it.
Link to tour of what you can do with a Google group: http://groups.google.com/intl/en/googlegroups/tour3/index.html#?lnk=hptt
Overview of Google groups: